It is a day for people to show their appreciation for fathers and father figures. Father figures may include stepfathers, fathers-in-law, guardians (eg. foster parents), and family friends.
Father’s Day activities include (but are not limited to):
– Participating in Father’s Day fun runs and other events in which the proceeds go towards charity or prostate cancer research.
– Buying presents such as neckties and other items of clothing, chocolates, books or equipment for various types of hobbies.
– Giving handmade or purchased cards.
– Breakfasts, brunches, lunches, or dinners either at home or in restaurants.
– Taking fathers or father figures out to the movies, the park, the zoo, or another place of interest.
Sunday June 19, 2016